Monday, July 20, 2009

kind of Prudential smile and service

I have some quite unpleasant encounters with "customer service" people. I usually call or go to their office to inquire or get some help with their products and services. And I think most of us have experienced one way or another some inconsiderate kind of a service. Here is one. With Prudentialife Plans in Davao.

Well, I usually start to be so pleasant like the "prim and proper" lady I am supposed to be but really pisses-me off later when these people just get "off-hand" in dealing with their clients!

I really thought I have some patience and enough grace to somehow drive away some negative vibes or at least, not to react given such an unpleasant situation. But forgive me, "I am only human."

I have to write this because this is something I always overlook. Prudentialife is lucky, I chose them for my blog.

It was Monday morning when I went to the Prudentialife office Davao to inquire about a loan they are offering to their clients. I got a letter and a call from them so I went.

It was not my pension so I do not have any plans of applying for the loan, I explained and insisted. I came to inquire for my husband.

And I do not bring along our contract and certificate of full payment everyday of my life but I assume and do certainly think that the office will have a file.

I am getting restless. And I was thinking this:
"If I will have such a business then I will have every information about a client's contract number or whatever it is that I think is relevant, so that in any case that someone comes then I could easily access their file. "

I was expecting that they know my husband's file! Or at least showed me that they tried typing on the keyboards of the computer ( ohhh they could pretend!) to look for it. Or as the lady in the picture said "we only got the ledger". "Hhmmmmp, but still did not look at the ledger!"

Breathe in. Breathe out!
Oh well, maybe I was expecting too much! But it was not even too much of an expectation because I thought it is one "standard operating procedure."

Here is another issue, har har har.

I came in around at 8:30 am. The bank which is near their office is my real purpose. But the bank opens at 9 am so I opted to drop-by Prudential.

Oh my God! Prudentialife Davao should choose people who know how to smile at the sight of a client or prospective client or maybe just any kind of person coming in their office! I was expecting that even how grumpy they are that very early Monday morning there could be some "welcoming gesture like a smile at least."

But there was none! " Ohh boyyy, am I expecting too much, again?" There was not a smile from both of the people in the picture even when I was shyly explaining to them about my inquiry.

"Angie, knock if off" I was talking to myself about the "smile" thing. They just do not want to smile. Alright!

Finally, I was referred to someone named "Chubby". Well, a pleasant and a well-mannered man but at any rate was not able to "lift a finger" to be able to help me except (only because I requested) give me the Prudentialife website.

I think that was common - that people in the front desk just do not have the orientation to serve well. And it is just so sad!

But anyhow, there must be something they have to do about "who they are and what the hell they are doing there?" to be able to attract good vibes at least! Basically, it is manners too! Smiling and welcoming clients or guests should be automatic especially when you are a frontliner. I would not even mind if one is ugly, fat or whatever as long as you are pleasing to anyone who comes!

I think in the most foul mood ever, we should try to smile even when we do not feel like smiling. We should act like we are not in some kind of trouble whenever we all have to engage into some social contacts.

But I do shout, growl, gnarl and do the wildest thing when I am alone with my family. I know my family will excuse me, but never other people!

Be blissful!

No comments:

Post a Comment