Sunday, July 26, 2009

stop, look and listen to our leader

I was an insurgent when I was in college! I wrote about this in one of my blogs earlier and I recalled the day when I almost got killed with a bullet by the Quezon bridge in Quiapo during one of those demonstrations.

That moment was significant because it made me realize how important it is to "stop, look and listen" to the government.

I thought of writing about this at this very moment because hours from now our President is going to give her "State of the Nation Address".

Many of my visitors are from the Philippines and it is important for me to express my thoughts about a certain "attitude". I think, we as Filipinos start reflecting about our trust, confidence and acceptance of our government. Let us not forget that our government is the reflection of the people's thoughts, attitudes and actions.

If we only stop and observe the other governments, they also got mistakes and misgivings to their constituents. Our people are not the only ones in poverty. Let us take a look at Africa. Bangladesh. And many others. Our people are not being killed at the same rate as the people in Afghanistan. Pakistan. If we are terrorized, look at the rich countries. Twin Towers bombing. Etc.

Let us stop killing our government because we are the Philippine government! Let us stop hurting ourselves with negative comments about our country! If we do not like poverty we have to study some skills and work. Think of how to make money than ask for money around. Use our time to create and produce. And if there is no available resources, work on improving ourselves as people. Not monsters!

I think we as Filipinos have gone through a lot of suffering, but all great countries have gone through a lot of disasters and revolutions before getting into the status they have now.

We need to do something with ourselves, for our government to work harder. We have to check on our values at the level of our families to produce children who will be great leaders.

Let us all work hard on this. If we see our government as suckers, maybe because we are suckers too!

Let us appreciate what we have! I appreciate the government for helping this country when all other countries around us during the global crisis were all devastated. We came out just fine!

I did not get rich with any of our leaders. But I am happy, I see some improvements from what I had as a child. Let us all count our blessings and work hard.

I do not even have a job but I live. Simply.

Be blissful!

No comments:

Post a Comment