Wednesday, July 22, 2009

folding clothes and loving it

If there is one thing in this world that I really do not want to do is this - folding clean clothes. I do not find any particular reason really because I think it is a simple chore. Why don't I like it? And I have been challenging myself for many years now to love this chore!

I usually do the folding of the clothes on my bed. It is king-size so I get the space I need and yet I do not finish folding all of it. I have to turn-on some music for me to hum while doing it and yet I always have the urge to do something else first. From the jumbled pile of clothes, I do the sorting, classifying and the assigning of every piece inside the cabinets and I feel I am being punished each time!

Once when I was talking to my brother and sister, they mentioned that this chore is something that they do not enjoy doing too. Awesome! So, is it a family thing? Of course not!

The irony is that I love doing the laundry. I like the sound of the water splashing. I like selecting the whites from the colored clothes. Which go first, next and the last? I like spin drying the clothes and arranging them on the clothesline.

When I look at the clean water turn dark, I always am amazed how the machine could actually do it! Silly, of course because the clothes were dirty.

Well, sometimes its the simple things that make us people get confused and bored. When I was talking to a stranger one time while I was waiting, he was waiting too. He said something about love. "Loving is tough, it is not an easy thing to do."

I told him, "I thought loving was the easiest to do. People choose to get strangled by it . Maybe because we are all used to some beatings and other forms of tough love."

I am thinking. The chore I am supposed to do now is simple and easy. Why can it be so tough and be postponed? Ohhh, people just want to get involved into some tough challenges! And chokes when they got it! Always looking for some grand complications ."

I should love folding these clothes. I have to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment