Thursday, July 23, 2009

filling-out the application and backing-out

Today I am giving up something!

It is the last day of submission for a job vacancy. A project which I think is of significance especially for the youth. When I read its job specifications and requirements, I was confident that I have the necessary skills and experience for the job and likewise can do more with the existent interventions being done by the organization.

I am done filling-out the application but thought of "hanging-on" for a while.

"Hold on a minute!" I said to myself. I have had sleepless nights thinking of it. "Hey you aren't hired yet." Just submit that application and think of it when you are called for the interview.

But today I have decided. I will not submit the application.

What could be my gains with my decision?

My home. My family.

I do not know how significant my decision is for my own dreams and career advancement. Do I have a career?

Maybe I will find some other opportunities here. Near my family. Have lots of things to do here. Have lots of things to fix here. My children are also part of the bigger spectrum of the youth. They also need some interventions.

I have to get grounded sometimes. I cannot solve the problems of the world. But I can raise- up children who have potentials of "being a part of the solution" for the problems of the world!

Be blissful!

No comments:

Post a Comment