Saturday, July 11, 2009

the right left

I got the privilege of being a passenger today! Oh, how it really feels good to just sit at the passenger's seat and have all my time staring at those sexy models on "larger -than- life" billboards, observe the pedestrian or just look at anything along the way! It is one of my favorite things to do when I am not the driver.

I also talk a lot (as a driver and passenger) so I will not fall asleep.

Then my friend asked, "Angie, where should I turn"?

"Turn to your left", I said.

As if perplexed she asked, "Which left"?

I said amusingly, "Well, we are both looking at the same direction so my left should be your left and my right should likewise be your right".

"Oh, let me say it" I said to myself. I think it was not cruel. Not even to insult my friend but only to remind her that the direction "left and right" is universal. Well of course, I understand there are lots of drivers who often "displays the wrong signal" on the road. But we should not tolerate this at all. One small mistake could seriously injure people and properties.

I was at the verge of really laughing out loud, so I did not hear her argument and of course I do not want to upset her. I am in her vehicle.

So I just said "Ok for the sake of your argument, please turn to the right (read: correct) left".

I just love her!

At the precised "left", we arrived at our destination safely and happily!

No comments:

Post a Comment