Sunday, July 19, 2009

slowing down
























It has been raining for many days now! In my tropical place, I get much sunlight than rain in one whole year. And I feel that heat to be very "abusive" sometimes because of that "biting feel" on your skin. So when it rains, I seemed to have a rush of excitement and chill.

Came home at around 2 pm one day (last week). I was tired and slumped at my rocking chair in the porch when I got the urge to take the photos above. I got in front of my eyes, the most subdued rain I have ever seen! The rain was just religiously and leisurely pouring lightly, evenly through and through. There was a little sunlight on the sky and not a wind to bring that downpour inside to wet my porch, "What a lovely day!".

But I thought I was gloomy. The house is so quiet. It is deserted.

"Oh, I forgot". I got some "life" in our house even if it is deserted. I got seven goldfishes in the aquarium. The only sound I hear is the "pump" giving air to them and the water flowing from the filter. Not bad! Brings life somewhere here.

Well, I got another one too. Our pet dog. A Japanese Spitz, who gets scared even with this very tame downpour. She was hiding under a single-seat old chair in the porch. Quivering! But she is really purely "acting" for someone to pick her up and cuddle her! Hmmm not bad too! There is someone who needed some cuddling here.

"And I am not done yet. I have not really fully understood (until now), why I got 2 Texas fighting cocks under my care! ". My father owns them but since his death, I think they technically became our "pets"! I just do not know where to put them! One time, I got pecked on my knees by one of them and "for heaven's sake" I have to take antibiotics and pain killers to save my life!

I said to myself, "Oh St. Peter, please get these fighting cocks to be your guard in heaven!" St. Peter (of course) is the disciple of Jesus Christ who lied 3x at the roosters rocking "cock-a-doodle do". That is biblical!

Anyway, I said, "There must be a reason".

Sometimes it is fun to just slow down and sit on my rocking chair! I get to understand reasonable and unreasonable matters in life.

Slow down and be blissful!

2 comments:

  1. i think i have to slow down a bit...i've been living a very stressful life for many years...friend, do take some more shots of your garden...i'd like to see more of them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi beth,

    thanks for always reading my blogs. yah i will especially when some of my flowers are in bloom. take care friend. love you

    ReplyDelete